Ways to Give
Most contributions to St. Ambrose Catholic School are made in the form of cash or check. Checks should be made payable to St. Ambrose Catholic School.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Many corporations have matching gift programs for secondary schools. Donors should contact their company’s human resources office to inquire about matching gift opportunities.
Making a gift of appreciated stock to St. Ambrose Catholic School may offer two-fold tax savings by circumventing the tax due on the capital gain and providing an income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock at the time of the gift. Instructions for transferring stock vary depending on whether the stock is being physically delivered to the school in the form of actual certificates or being sent electronically through DTC for shares that are currently held at a bank, brokerage house, etc.
Bequests and Estate Plans
Including St. Ambrose Catholic School in an estate plan can be easily accomplished.
- In a will or living trust, a bequest of a specified amount or percent can be identified.
- In a retirement plan, St. Ambrose Catholic School can be named a beneficiary or a contingent beneficiary after family members.
- In a charitable remainder trust, beneficiaries receive income during their lifetime or for a number of years, after which
- St. Ambrose Catholic School would receive the trust.
- St. Ambrose Catholic School can be named as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
Please consult your personal financial advisor for details or contact Tina Moreno at 713-686-6990.